Navigation

Navigation

Owensboro Area Museum of Science and History

Completed

The City of Owensboro acquired the architectural design services of RBS Design Group for renovations and additions to the Owensboro Area Museum of Science and History.

The initial stages of this project consisted of the selective demolition and remodeling of approximately 61,000 square feet of the existing building known as the S.W. Anderson building located in historic downtown Owensboro. The original building housed three floors, a basement and attic space. The 1952 addition consisted of four floors of steel joists and columns and concrete masonry  All of the existing building spaces were renovated to house the Owensboro Area Museum of Science and History.

The museum is also home to the Wendell Ford Government Center.  RBS worked with the owners to renovate the basement of the museum and transform the space to house the Wendell Ford Government Center.  The Government Center houses memorabilia and documents from Senator Wendell Ford.

Client Representative(s)

  • Owensboro Area Museum of Science and History

Contractor(s)

  • Hartz Construction Corporation
Follow us on Facebook